Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It Seems So Obvious Now

I feel compelled to write about my experience with Parkinson's disease, which is still relatively new to me.  Given the fact that I have not previously had any desire to share my life in cyberspace, I have concluded that God is prodding me to write this.  I have no other logical answer.  I also know that some  of you will judge me for telling my story publicly.  Judge away...perhaps this will eventually help you also.

The first symptom happened in my Forest Hills, NY apartment in 2001.  I was watching the Yankees on my couch, and my right thumb started doing its own thing.  It started as a small spasm for a few seconds, and then it would stop.  The spasm became rather violent, and then magically disappeared...for a while.  Months later, the spasm came back, and persisted off and on for about ten years.

Other unusual things started happening.  Since high school I typed 70+ words per minute.  In 2009, I started feeling myself struggle at the keyboard...of course, my "struggle" was 50+ wpm.  But still, it was unlike me.  I chalked it up to age and stress.  I was a Human Resources Director and I dealt with a very high-maintenance employee base.  Their default setting was pissed off, and that was on a good day.

In 2010, I felt this unusual cramping in my right hand while using a mouse.  On days when I used my laptop, I noticed that it was much easier to use a mouse with my left hand.  Some weeks later, my right hand actually had to think about what it needed to do, something that was as automatic as breathing for 30 years.

That same year, I would be overcome with these bizarre panic attacks, almost always when I was alone...I made sure of that.  I told my primary care doctor, and he gave me a prescription that made them disappear...for a while.  After you take a drug that you no longer need, it turns on you, and that's what happened to me, so I told my doctor and stopped the prescription immediately.  I have not had a panic attack since.  Still, I wondered why...

Then, on February 8, 2011, my HR position was eliminated.  My life just became more interesting.  My physical condition did too.   And my thumb.

Until next time...

Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Your story sounds familiar for some strange reason.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was suffering from Parkinson's since 2016 & life had become disastrous for me,72 % of my body was covered by Tremors.After taking product from www.ultimateherbalclinic.com under supervision of Dr Ernest Albrecht, I started getting results within 3 weeks of their dosage .One day I got extremely sick, could not keep anything down, difficulty standing, restless sleep,I Started taking this remedies 2 times daily Morning and Evening, I am writing this to inform others that nothing was really working to help my PD other than this product.I went off my previous medications (with the doctor's knowledge) and started on their Parkinson's disease herbal formula.Treatment went very well and tremors are gone.

    ReplyDelete